17 October 2010

I can't say that I like you, but I do respect you

I was reading a book on my patio about the Cold War, and then the wind blew. The gentle, cool, refreshing fall breeze distracted me from the words on the page, and I looked up. Blue jays squawking in the trees above me, such annoying (but beautiful) avian beasts. Then, at eye level, a few feet away from my face, a dancing prismatic wonder caught my eye. A perfect spider web. It was reflecting the late-morning autumn sun and was undulating slowly in the breeze, the same gentle wind that distracted me from my words on the page. The web was so very gorgeous. I've never said that about anything related to a spider before, but it was. Truly. That spider, if only he had the capacity, ought to be proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment